Six Steps to Rapid Muscle Growth
Black Sovereign | My Health
Do you or your Dom want to see rapid muscle growth and results? If you spend enough time in the gym, chances are you’ve seen all the stereotypical characters at this point. One of my personal favorites, Mr Lightweight, is my favorite to mock. He shows up at the gym with all kinds of gear on (gloves, headband, protein shaker) and then proceeds to lift very light weight. And, I mean LIGHT weight as in the kind of weight a woman would use. He lets out loud grunts on every rep, drops the weights and performs nothing but isolation exercises.
At least the guy is in the gym, right? But, this type of training won’t get you far.
In order to achieve rapid muscle growth, you need to have a heavy lifting mindset. If you think you can get bigger and more toned from doing 10-pound tricep kickbacks and lateral raises, I’ve got some bad news for you. At this point, you’ve probably figured out the main point of this article – lifting heavy. Typically, most people in the gym aren’t doing this – they are too focused on going light in order to “feel the burn” with high reps.
Take with you these six tips and apply them if you want your muscles big & aesthetic.
Tips For Heavy Lifting Routines For Rapid Muscle Growth
1. Lift Heavy Weights: Remember, the only way you are going to increase your strength and muscle is to challenge your body to lift heavier weights. A great way to do this is to set big goals for yourself and smaller milestones.
- For example, if you currently bench press 135 pounds and you set your 12 month goal to increase your bench press to 225 pounds. You can achieve this by increasing your bench by 1.7 pounds per week which is a very sustainable rate of growth.
- By lifting heavy weights focusing on compound movements, you will increase your natural testosterone production which will allow you to build more muscle.
2. Keep Reps Low: If you were performing more than 8 quality reps for 3 sets at a particular weight, it is time to move up. Once you hit 3 sets of 8 reps add 5 pounds to the exercise.
- You will get more growth by doing 5 reps of 225 pounds than 12 reps of 185.
3. Consume Lots Of Protein: Protein is absolutely crucial for gaining muscle. It helps keep your strength up and gives your muscles the nutrients they need to repair and grow. At least 35% of your daily calories should come from protein or at least 1 gram per pound of body weight.
- Also, make sure you consume a variety of protein sources so you get all the amino acids you need.
4. Do Compound Exercises: Forget about the dumbbell kickbacks and wrist curls. Replace these with full body exercises like bench press, pull-ups, squats, dead-lifts, dips and shoulder press.
- These movements recruit large muscle groups and will give you more bang for your buck. Also, you will be able to move a lot more weight which is the point of this entire article.
5. Give Yourself Enough Recovery Time: While working hard in the gym, it is crucial to let your body recover. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, or if you are hitting the gym hard every day; you simply won’t get the kind of growth you are looking for.
- Leave 3 days a week for recovery and you will see much faster progress at the gym.
6. Use A Natural Testosterone Booster That Actually Works: Testosterone is the crucial male hormone responsible for muscle growth and fat loss. If your levels are low you can kiss your gains goodbye. That is why testosterone boosters can be a vital part in your muscle building journey.
- Therefore, it’s very important to make sure your levels are as high as possible.
Now, unlike most other muscle building blogs, I keep it real. Most of the fitness models you see on Instagram are taking steroids to booster test levels. But, nowadays more and more men are realizing just how stupid taking steroids actually is.
Yes it helps build muscle. But it can also come with dangerous and nasty side effects such as man boobs, baldness and you can even become infertile.
Luckily, we live in a world where the supplement industry actually has their hands on potent natural testosterone boosting ingredients that can safely and naturally boost your body’s own testosterone production. Resulting in higher testosterone levels and more muscle growth without the use of illegal steroids.
But, you have to beware of companies that use ineffective fillers in their supplements to make more money off you.
To summarize, the most important things to remember when building your body:
- Focus on lifting heavy weights to increase your strength and muscle growth, it will also boost a natural testosterone production in your body.
- Keep your rep slow and weights heavier.
- You will build strength and size by doing so.
- Make sure you are consuming enough protein for muscle growth.
- Focus your routine on compound exercises rather than simple isolation movements.
- Compound exercises are much more effective.
- Make sure you give your body the rest it needs to build muscle.
- Make sure your testosterone levels are as high as possible.
Good luck. For those who need more motivation, I do offer mentoring sessions that will challenge you to make positive changes. A camera phone or digital camera will be required as well as a Dropbox or Skype/Telegram account. More information will be forthcoming but in the meantime, you may either comment on this post or contact me.
The Black Sovereign Chronicles